Any homeowner knows that gutter cleaning is a smelly, messy, miserable job. With 500,000 injuries from ladder accidents occurring each year, you may be very hesitant to climb up to the roof and do that dirty work.
Installing gutter guards could make regular gutter cleaning a thing of the past.
If you find yourself on the fence over the value versus cost of guard installation, read on to find out six amazing benefits you can expect when you add gutter guards to your home.
The importance of properly installed and maintained gutters can’t be stressed enough. Every house should have gutters, and in recent years building officials across the land have been recognizing this. Many municipalities around the country are now requiring gutters on all new residential construction. Here’s why rain gutters are so important:
- Soil around the house is stabilized
- Foundation problems can be avoided
- Flooding under houses and in basements can be prevented
- Erosion can be prevented and this preserves landscaping and turf
- Water damage to siding can be prevented
- Water staining on brick and stone masonry can be prevented
- Settling and cracking of sidewalks, patios and driveways can be lessened
- Exterior doors and garage overhead doors can be preserved
The majority of houses with gutters don’t have a system that is complete and installed correctly. A properly installed gutter system will include seamless gutters on every sloped roof edge. The gutters should not hold standing water, should not leak, should be securely fastened to the fascias, and should have downspouts that are securely fastened to the exterior of the house.
An experienced gutter installer from Home Property Solutions will examine your gutters for signs of leaks or weather damage, then repair or replace your gutters before they become a problem!